Easy Gluten-Free Taquitos
This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read full disclosures.
These easy Gluten-Free Taquitos come together fast and are perfect for everything from tailgates to holiday parties and everything in between!
Taquitos are one of that typical go-to freezer finds. I mean admit it you’ve had them before and they are pretty good and easy to whip up for a quick party food.
Being grain-free means that buying them isn’t an option since they are usually made with corn tortillas. Don’t worry, though. I’ve got you covered so you can still have this deliciously easy appetizer at your next party!
What is in a Taquito?
- Typically taquitos are made with corn tortillas. While corn tortillas can be gluten-free, they aren’t grain-free. That is why I LOVE Siete Grain Free Tortillas. They have several varieties, including their almond flour tortillas and even their nut-free varieties with their chickpea and cassava flour tortillas. It doesn’t matter which ones you use for these because they all work and taste delicious!
- You really can use any meat you want, but I’ve found a less saucy meat works best to help keep the taquitos more chewy/ crunchy and less burrito.
- I find a simple shredded chicken with my favorite Mexican spice blend works. Sometimes I will switch it up with shredded beef, or even some leftover pork carnitas meat all work great for these.
- This is optional, but it adds a little bit more flavor and helps to seal the tortillas as they bake. A simple shredded cheddar works, or if you want it to be dairy-free, I like to add a little drizzle of my favorite Siete Foods Dairy-Free Queso. I’m telling you no one will know it is dairy-free. It does contain nuts, so note that if cooking for other dietary restrictions.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS AND SUBSCRIBER ONLY BONUSES.
How to Make Taquitos
- Cook the meat.
- Shred the meat.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Bake the taquitos.
Can You Freeze Taquitos?
Yes, you can! Allow the taquitos to cool completely. Then store them in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
When you want to cook them, let them sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes and then bake in a 350-degree oven for about 15 minutes. Do NOT microwave them as the tortillas will become soft and not crispy.
Fun Things to Serve with Taquitos
- 16 Gluten-free Tortillas I use Siete Brand but Corn Tortillas also work.
- 3 C Shredded Chicken Beef or Pork of Choice
- 1-2 C Shredded Cheese
- Queso, guacamole, salsa or sour cream for dipping
- Make your meat of choice.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Slightly warm the tortillas on a skillet over medium heat.
- Fill each tortilla with about 2-3 tbs of your meat and cheese or queso if desired.
- Tightly roll each tortilla and place them seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 min until they are slightly golden.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and watch them get devoured fast!