This post may contain affiliate links. Click for complete disclosures.
This gluten-free buffalo chicken dip brings together chicken, cheese, and a delicious buffalo sauce for the perfect dip!
It's that time of year again when football becomes a weekly thing, and everyone starts hoping their team will make it to the Superbowl! Well, your team may not have made it this year, but that does not mean you can't be the MVP of your football party! This gluten-free buffalo chicken dip is not only delicious, but it is effortless to throw together, leaving you more time to watch the game this weekend!
Ingredients in gluten-free buffalo chicken dip
- Chicken - This recipe calls for cooked and shredded chicken, You can easily boil and then shred it or even make this a rotisserie chicken buffalo chicken dip using your favorite rotisserie chicken.
- Cream Cheese - Use full-fat cream cheese.
- Sour Cream - Do not use light sour cream. You can use greek yogurt in the buffalo chicken dip if you prefer.
- Cheese - I prefer to use cheddar cheese for this recipe but feel free to use something like a white cheddar, Colby jack, or even a tex-mex blend for some extra heat.
- Wing Sauce - I prefer Steve's paleo wing sauce but use one that you prefer the flavor and heat of. There are lots of good gluten-free buffalo sauces these days.
- Ranch Dressing - Use the one you like the flavor of.
- Hot Sauce (optional) - If you want more heat than what your wing sauce has.
- Green Onion
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS AND SUBSCRIBER ONLY BONUSES.
How to make gluten-free buffalo chicken dip?
- Start with cooked and shredded chicken.
- Mix together the cream cheese, wing sauce, ranch, hot sauce, and spices.
- Add the chicken to the cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a baking dish and top with additional cheese.
- Bake and enjoy!
Can you make buffalo chicken dip in the crockpot?
Since this gluten-free buffalo chicken dip starts with already cooked chicken, it makes it really easy to cook in the crockpot. Just throw everything to make this buffalo chicken into the crockpot and let it cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1-2 hours. You will know the buffalo chicken dip is done when the cream cheese looks fully melted. I like to add a little extra shredded cheese on top and let it melt before serving.
Bufalo chicken dip FAQ
In my opinion, Steve's Paleo Sauce (the one I use) is not spicy; it has smoky heat. Different buffalo sauces will have different levels of spicy. Pick a buffalo sauce that has your preferred level of heat.
Make sure you are using full-fat cream cheese for this recipe. Low-fat cream cheese does not hold as well and can make this gluten-free chicken dip softer.
Make sure you have mixed the dip enough. If yours comes out greasy it is likely that it was not mixed enough and the ingredients have become separated while it was cooking. Try mixing it up some more to help blend the ingredients together.
If you have a stand mixer and you're not using it to shred your chicken you are missing out. Toss a few chicken breasts into the bowl of the stand mixer with the flat paddle and turn it on low. Gradually increase the speed until all the chicken is magically shredded.
How long does buffalo chicken dip last?
This gluten-free buffalo chicken dip will last in a container in the fridge for about 3-5 days.
What is the best way to reheat buffalo chicken dip?
While I actually like this gluten-free buffalo chicken dip cold, you can easily microwave it in 30-second increments until it is warmed through. You might notice the buffalo chicken dip looks a little greasy when it is warmed up but just stir it back together and that will go away.
Can you make buffalo chicken dip ahead of time?
Yes, you can! Put the buffalo chicken dip together and put it in the fridge till you are ready to bake it off.
Can you freeze buffalo chicken dip?
If you want to make it even earlier you can place the unbaked dip into a freezer-safe container for up to two months. When you are ready to eat it, let it defrost in the fridge overnight before baking like it was fresh and enjoying.
More gluten-free party foods to enjoy!
Gluten-free Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Gluten-free Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3-4 Cups Chicken Cooked and Shredded
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Soft
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 8 Ounces Chedder Cheese Shredded
- 1 Cup Buffalo Wing Sauce I use Steve's Paleo, or The New Primal has different heats.
- ½ Cup Ranch Dressing I use Primal Kitchen
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion POwder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoons Hot Sauce Optional
- Green Onion Optional
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cream cheese, buffalo sauce, sour cream, ranch dressing, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and salt in a bowl.8 Ounces Cream Cheese, 1 Cup Sour Cream, 1 Cup Buffalo Wing Sauce, 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, 1 Teaspoon Onion POwder, ½ Teaspoon Salt, 1 Tablespoons Hot Sauce, ½ Cup Ranch Dressing
- Add in half of the shredded cheddar cheese.8 Ounces Chedder Cheese
- To the sauce mix in the shredded chicken.3-4 Cups Chicken
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with reserved cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the cheese on top is melted and the dip starts to bubble slightly around the edges.
- Top with green onion if desired and enjoy dipped into with your favoite chips and veggies.Green Onion