Skip the boring margarita and let your taste buds take over with these Spicy Citrus Ginger Beer Margaritas for your next party!
Where are all my ginger beer lovers at? Not a ginger beer lover, yet? I promise this recipe will be one that turns you into a ginger beer lover for life!
With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, I figured now was the perfect time to share with you guys one of my favorite cocktails, a margarita, of course! I mean, how many Cinco de Mayo parties have you gone to when there was no margarita? I mean, if there isn't, you should be running for the hills because that is NOT a party you want to be at!
This recipe came about when one of my friends introduced me to the Moscow mule a few years ago. I had never really had ginger beer before. Once I had that, I knew there had to be more that I could make with this magical drink to enjoy it more often.
My favorite ginger beer is from Zevia. If you don't know the brand Zevia, you really are missing out. They are an amazing company that has everything from organic sodas, energy drinks, teas, and of course mixers. They are completely sugar-free as all of their products are sweetened with stevia. All of their drinks are also Non-GMO Project Verified, vegan, kosher and gluten-free. Talk about a win for all of us!
Ingredients in a Spicy Citrus Ginger Beer Margarita
- Ginger Beer
- Pineapple Juice
- Orange Juice
- Lime Juice
Can you sweeten it up?
You can, yes, I prefer it less sweet, but if you prefer it sweeter, you can add some simple syrup.
When looking at tequilas, look for one that is 100% pure agave. My go-to has always been Patron Silver.
More Taco Tuesday Recipes
Spicy Citrus Ginger Beer Margarita
- 3 OZ Tequila
- ½ C Orange Juice
- 1 ½ C Pineapple Juice
- 1 Lime juiced
- 4 OZ Ginger Beer
- 1 Jalapeno sliced
- 1 TBS Salt
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- Agave or Simple Syrup to sweeten if desired
- On a small plate, combine the salt and chili powder. Rub the rim of the glasses with a lime wedge to moisten it. Dip the rim into the salt mixture and set the glasses aside.
- In a pitcher, take some of the sliced jalapeno and muddle it a little. If you want more heat, leave the seeds if you wish to remove them before muddling less.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Strain the liquid and pour over ice. Garnish with more lime wedges, pineapple or sliced jalapeno if you want and enjoy!