This post may contain affiliate links. Click for complete disclosures.
When the weeknights get busy, I always reach for this easy Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies recipe to get a healthy dinner on the table in a hurry.
Raise your hand if you need an easy meal idea. I will assume that everyone has raised their hand because I know firsthand how busy life can be, and we all need something simple to whip up for ourselves and our families on those busy nights.
I mean, right now, it is the fall sports season, which means we are all over the place after school, between practices during the weeks and games on the weekend. Don't get me started on the away games. Some nights can feel like you are eating dinner at either four o'clock in the afternoon to other nights; it's after ten at night. My sheet pan sausage and veggies are just what we need on those quick nights.
Why Sheet Pan Dinners are Good
- They are fast!
- They are cheap!
- They can be completely customized!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS AND SUBSCRIBER ONLY BONUSES.
YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW GRAIN FREE TABLE ON PINTEREST TO MAKE IT EASY TO SAVE YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES!
Ingredients in Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- Sausage - You can use whatever you like. I like Aidells because it's gluten-free and delicious.
- Veggies - pick and choose whatever you like or have on hand. I like to toss in a mix of starchy and non-starchy vegetables to get a tasty variety. I find the frozen veggie mixes in the freezer section work wonders for being able to throw this together even faster.
- Spices - Make it simple or make it more complex it's totally what you want it to be or what you have on hand.
How to Make Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- Preheat the oven.
- Cut the sausage and veggies.
- Toss them on a sheet pan with your spices and olive oil.
- Bake and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
I promise you cannot mess this up because it is so versatile you can sub in any of your favorite sausage and veggies and make your favorite combinations.
Stagger the ingredients: If I know an ingredient will cook longer or faster than others, I will cook them first and add the remaining ingredients as time goes on.
Example: If I am adding potatoes or carrots, I will let them cook for about 10 minutes before adding the remaining ingredients like peppers that do not take as long to cook. This keeps the entire cooking time minimal and makes sure everything is cooked the way I want it to be.
- Roast how you want the veggies to cook: If you want the vegetables to be softer, you can cook them closer together. If you like your veggies more roasted and crispy, spread them out further. The closer the veggies are, the more steam produced, which can yield a softer final product. Keep that in mind so you can make sure your vegetables are to your liking.
More Quick Dinners
Meyer Lemon Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Louisiana Red Beans and Cauliflower Rice
Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- Sheet Pan
- 1 Package Andiuille Sausage I like Aidells Cajun Style
- 3-4 Medium Yellow or Red Potatoes chopped
- 2-4 Carrots sliced
- 3 C Snap Peas or Green Beans
- 2 TBS Olive or Avocado Oil
- 1 TBS Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 TBS BBQ Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 435 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the sausage on an angle, dice the potatoes and carrots to be about equal sizes and add to a bowl with the green beans or snap peas.
- Add the oil and spices and stir to coat the sausage and veggies.
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Stagger the ingredients: If I know an ingredient is going to cook longer or faster than others, I will cook them first and add the remaining ingredients as time goes on.
- Roast how you want the veggies to cook: If you want the vegetables to be softer, you can cook them closer together. If you like your veggies more roasted and crispy, spread them out farther. The closer the veggies are, the more steam that is produced, which can yield a softer final product. Keep that mind so you can make sure your vegetables are to your liking.
Leave a comment.