This post may contain affiliate links. Click for complete disclosures.
These Smokey Apple Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops are packed full of flavor! They are a deliciously easy meal the whole family will enjoy!
Want another recipe to use some of the seasons' apple abundance? This is the recipe for you! As the weather starts to cool down, my family starts to crave all the comfort foods, and nothing screams comfort foods other than stuffed pork chops. These oven-baked pork chops are filled with a sweet and savory filling. They come together really fast and make the perfect easy dinner the whole family will enjoy!
What Kind of Pork Chops Are Best to Stuff?
I like to use boneless pork chops for this recipe. Whether or not to use the extra thick ones is up to personal preference, but it will vary the baking time depending on the thickness chosen. I like to use ones about an inch thick because I find it holds the filling best.
How to Prepare the Pork Chops for Stuffing
Using a paring knife, gently slice into the middle (thickness wise) of the pork chop. Gently cut into the meat, creating a pocket, making sure not to cut all the way through the pork chop. I like to use my hands to help make the pocket a little bit bigger once the cut has been made.
Ingredients in Stuffed Pork Chops
These pork chops are stuffed with a magical filling that might sound odd at first glance, but trust me, it comes together, and you'll understand why I did it.
- Pork Chops
- Green Apple
- Cheddar Cheese
- Cream Cheese
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS AND SUBSCRIBER ONLY BONUSES.
Hot to Cook Stuffed Pork Chops
- Cut the pockets into the pork chops.
- Season the pork chops.
- Mix the filling.
- Stuff the pork chops.
- Sear the pork chops.
- Transfer them to the oven to finish baking.
- Do NOT overcook the pork chops.
- Let rest and enjoy!
Forget the dry pork chops that nobody likes because these stuffed pork chops are tender, juicy, and bursting with flavors. Add this recipe to your next dinner, and be sure to let me know how you like it!
More Dinner Recipes
Smokey Apple Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops
- 4 Bonless Pork Chops about 1 inch thick
- 4 Slices Bacon Cooked and Chopped
- 1 Small Green Apple Peeled and Thinly Sliced
- 1 Small Yellow Onion Small Diced
- 1 C Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 8 OZ Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 4 TBS Olive Oil
- Prepare the pork chops creating a pocket and set aside. See the note above.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the remaining into a small bowl and mix till combined. Separate into two bowls, adding about 2 TBS of olive oil to one.
- Rub the spice and olive oil mixture over the pork chops, inside and out.
- Carefully transfer the mixture and stuff it into the different pork chops.
- Heat about 2 TBS of olive oil in a pan. 7. Carefully sear the stuffed pork chops in the pan for about 5 minutes, per side.
- Transfer the stuffed pork chops to a baking dish and bake in the oven 20-30 minutes.
- Baking time will depend on the thickness of the pork chops chosen. Make sure the pork chops read 145- 155 degrees all the way through.
- Allow the pork chops to rest for about 10 minutes. Serve alongside your favorite mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower, or roasted veggies and enjoy!