30 Minute Beef and Broccoli
This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for full disclosures.
Skip the takeout tonight and make this easy Beef and Broccoli at home! It comes together in under 30 minutes, which is less than it takes to be delivered!
Chinese food is something we've always loved. Funny story when my husband and I were still dating, and he was doing the single guy days, he would order Chinese food multiple days a week, not even kidding. After we got married and moved in together, we ordered one night, and of course, he got his usual (General TSO's ), and I ordered Beef and Broccoli. The guy came to the door and started joking with my husband that he ordered something healthier. Of course, once he realized it wasn't for him, and it was for me, he started laughing. Needless to say, we ordered this combination a lot early in our marriage, lol, just not as much as he had done in his single days.
Of course, fast-forward a decade, and now I can't have my go-to gluten-filled Chinese food, at least takeout-wise. That didn't stop me from enjoying my favorite beef and broccoli because I realized just how easy it was to make it at home, totally grain-free but also totally delicious!
Why You Will Love This 30-Minute Beef and Broccoli
- Easy to make!
- No sneaking ingredients!
- Ready in minutes!
Best Cut of Beef
My go-to cut of beef for beef and broccoli is flank steak. I like that it is relatively lean and yields a beautiful tender piece of steak when it's thinly sliced.
You can also use:
- Top Sirloin
- Top Round
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS AND SUBSCRIBER ONLY BONUSES.
Tips and Tricks
- Freeze the steak for about 30-minutes - This makes it easier to cut slices of steak.
- Cut against the grain - It will yield a more tender piece of steak and make it less chewy.
- Make sure your pan is HOT before adding the steak to help seal in the flavor and juices.
- Do NOT overcrowd the pan - If there are too many steak pieces, it will steam, which can lead to more chewy steak. Work in batches if your steak does not all fit spread out in the pan.
Make it Ahead of Time
The good thing about beef and broccoli is that it reheats really well. This makes it the perfect recipe to make ahead of time for easy on-the-go lunches for school or work.
You can keep this in the fridge for up to about four days. You can also freeze it in portions as desired for up to two months.
How to Make Beef and Broccoli
- Slice the beef.
- Make the stir-fry sauce.
- Cook the broccoli.
- Cook the beef.
- Add everything to the pan.
- Enjoy over your favorite rice or cauliflower rice!
More Easy Dinners
30-Minute Beef and Broccoli
- 1 lb Flank Steak
- 2 TBS Avocado Oil divided
- 1 LB Broccoli about 4-5 cups
- 2 TSP Sesame Seeds optional
For the Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 TSP Ginger fresh
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- ¼ C Cocolnut Amnios or gluten-free Soy Sauce
- ¼ C Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 TBS Potato Starch or Arrowroot
- ¼ TSP Pepper
- ½ TSP Salt
- ½ C Water
- Start your rice or cauliflower rice, so it is ready.
- Combine the sauce ingredients into a bowl and set it aside.
- Thinly slice the flank steak into strips.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the avocado oil and broccoli florets and let them cook about 4-5 minutes. You want the broccoli to be tender-crisp. If you like your broccoli a little bit softer, let it go slightly longer. Once the broccoli is done, remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Increase the heat in the pan to high and add another tbs of avocado oil.
- Add the beef slices are in an even single layer and not overly crowded. You might need to do this in batches, depending on how much beef you are using.
- Once all the beef is cooked (about 4-5 minutes total), add the stir-fry sauce.
- Return the broccoli to the pan and let it simmer about 5 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve it over your favorite rice or cauliflower rice, sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired, and enjoy!