This post may contain affiliate links. Click for complete disclosures.
These gluten-free crepes are easy to make and enjoyed all day from morning till night, sweet to savory. They are perfect for the weekend to the holidays!
Crepes are one of our daughter's absolute favorite things to make. She often calls them her "fancy French breakfast treats." She's utterly obsessed with the American Girl dolls, and if you know anything about them, then you'll know when I say she says Grace would love her crepes.
What is a Crepe?
A crepe is really just a thin pancake. They originated in France but don’t let that fool you into thinking they are hard to make because they are really easy, I promise!
This special treat can be made to be savory or sweet just by changing up the fillings and toppings.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS AND SUBSCRIBER ONLY BONUSES.
Ingredients in gluten-free crepes
- Cassava Flour
- Arrowroot Starch
- Milk of Choice
- Butter or Ghee
- Cream Cheese and Berries
- Whipped Cream and Powdered Sugar
- Bananas and Nut Butters
- Apple Pie Filling and Ice Cream
- Cinnamon and Sugar
- Sauteed Veggies
- Ham and Cheese
- Eggs and Bacon
There are three main ways crepes are typically folded. Folded in Half, Rolled, and into Triangles.
My personal favorites are to fold them into triangles because it just makes them look so pretty. To make them this way, simply fold the crepe in half and fold it in half again. You can either add your fillings before folding or simply on top.
Can you make crepes ahead of time?
The simple answer is yes! Keeping them warm is easy. Place the finished crepes on a baking sheet in a preheated 200-degree oven until you are ready to eat them.
Can you freeze crepes?
Yes, crepes freeze really well. I like to let them cool and then stack them with parchment paper pieces in between in a sealed zip-lock bag. Warm them in a skillet when ready to defrost and eat them. They taste just as good as the day you made them.
Can you make crepes dairy-free?
Yes, this recipe works well with subbing in some ghee for the butter. I've also had luck with using coconut milk in place of regular milk.
More Breakfast Recipes
Easy Gluten-free Crepes
- ½ C Melted Butter or ghee
- 1 TBS Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ C Cassava Flour 90g
- ¾ C Arrowroot Starch
- 1 ½ C Milk of Choice
- Filling Options optional
- Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk. The mixture will look runny, but I promise it comes together when you cook it.
- Warm a skillet over medium-high heat, adding a little bit of butter or ghee to help keep the crepes from sticking.
- Pour about ¼ cup into the skillet and let it cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Taking a spatula and carefully flip the crepe and continue to cook on the other side for around a minute longer.
- Remove the crepe from the pan and let it cool.
- You can roll, fold, stack or fill the crepes however you want.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don't forget to tag a photo #grainfreetable or @grainfreetable on Instagram. I'd love to see what you come up with!
Originally posted 12/21/2019.