Shake up pizza night with this Creamy Roasted Garlic Parmesan Pizza Sauce instead. It will open up pizza night to all the extra flavor fun!
We do pizza night weekly in our house, but that doesn't mean that we do the same flavor combinations all the time. Okay, my family does have their favorites, haha, but this mama likes to switch things up. I mean, why not? Plus, extra pizza means a yummy leftover lunch the next day, which is a win-win in this mama's book.
I LOVE pizza but sometimes that traditional marinara gets boring. Years ago, I used to go to the California Pizza and get their creamy garlic chicken pizza. There is just something about a simple flavor that brings out all the other flavors that I love.
This Creamy Roasted Garlic Parmesan Pizza Sauce is that sauce for me. Simple, easy to make, and really delicious!
- Roasted Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Potato Starch or Arrowroot Starch
- Heavy Cream
How to Make Creamy Roasted Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Roast the Garlic
- Top and Enjoy!
Do you have to roast the garlic?
In my opinion, yes, this makes a world of difference in the final flavor of this sauce. It's beyond easy to do. If you want to skip this step, you can mince and saute it in the pan instead, but the flavor won't be quite the same. You can also buy roasted garlic if you choose.
How to Roast Garlic
- Cut the top off a bulb of garlic, making sure you expose the cloves.
- Drizzle the top with a little olive oil.
- Wrap in a piece of foil.
- Roast in a 400-degree oven for 40 minutes.
Roasted garlic can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks. I usually roast a few at a time, so I have some on hand to toss into recipes.
Can you make it ahead of time?
Yes, this sauce stores really well if you want to prep for pizza night. It will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days. You can also freeze it for 3-4 months. If you notice a lumpy texture when it's stored, slowly reheat it, whisking, and it will return to a creamy consistency. You can even add a little bit of extra cream to thin it out if you want.
Pizza Night Fun!
- Easy 30-Minute Grain-Free Pizza Crust
- Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Grilled Caesar Salad with Homemade Dressing
Creamy Roasted Garlic Parmesan Pizza Sauce
- Roast the Garlic - Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the end of the bulb of garlic off, exposing the cloves. Brush the bulb with olive oil, wrap in foil, and roast for 40 minutes. The garlic will squeeze out easily when it is done.
- In a skillet warm the olive oil and then whisk in the potato starch until a thick paste forms.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and spices, whisking until it starts to thicken.
- Add the spices and roasted garlic. to the sauce.
- Whisk in the parmesan cheese and let it thicken some more.
- Once the sauce has thickened to where you want it, remove it form the heat.
- Spread the sauce over your prepared crust, bake and enjoy!