Easy Lemon Broccoli
This post may contain affiliate links. Click for full disclosures.
This recipe for Easy Lemon Broccoli is my favorite go-to staples to get my whole family to eat their greens and ask come back asking for more!
Does your family willingly ask for vegetables, or do they run and hide when they see them on the table? Our oldest has gone in waves of liking and not liking certain foods over the years. Our youngest, on the other hand, has always been our more adventurous eater. Both of them have always LOVED broccoli, which I have always been happy about.
My husband, who I have always said, was my third child, is the one who is actually the pickiest eater in the entire family. Not because he has the most intolerances, he actually has the least, lol. He's not as much of a vegetable fan as my girls, and I are. With that being said, though, he loves it when I make this recipe. It's about the only way he won't ask for it to be doused in cheese or raw and covered in ranch dressing, lol.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS AND SUBSCRIBER ONLY BONUSES.
Fresh vs. Frozen Broccoli
Fresh broccoli can seem intimidating to buy, but for this particular recipe, I actually prefer fresh. There is just something about how the florets soak up the sauce that makes it a hundred times better, and it just soaks up the lemon sauce perfectly.
Don't get me wrong, I buy and use frozen broccoli a lot of the time. This particular recipe I reserve for the good fresh head of broccoli.
Ingredients in Easy Lemon Broccoli
- Avocado or Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
How to Make Easy Lemon Broccoli
- Make the sauce.
- Roast the broccoli.
- Toss together and enjoy!
I told you it was super simple, but don't let that fool you because you will come back for it over and over again because it's DELICIOUS!
More Easy Sides
Easy Lemon Broccoli
- 1 Large Head of Broccoli fresh
- 2 TBS Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 TBS Chopped Garlic
- 1 Whole Lemon juiced and zested
- 1 TSP Salt
- ½ TSP Pepper
- Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the broccoli into equal pieces. I like to cut the pieces in the middle, so they lay flat on the baking sheet. This lets the broccoli get perfectly roasted when it cook
- Take half the avocado oil and toss the broccoli in it, and spread the broccoli in a single layer on the baking sheet. The oil will also help to grease the pan.
- Roast the broccoli for 30 minutes.
- While the broccoli is roasting, combine the remaining oil, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper into a small bowl.
- When the timer goes off, remove the broccoli from the oven and drizzle the mixture over the broccoli. Using a spatula or tongs to toss the broccoli and then return the broccoli to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Once the broccoli is done, toss with additional lemon zest if desired and enjoy!