The Best Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies
This is the only recipe you need for the Best Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies to bake all year long!
- 1 ¼ C Cassava Flour 175 g
- ⅓ C Tapioca Starch
- 1 ½ C Sugar
- ½ TSP Baking Soda
- 1 TSP Cream of Tartar
- 1 TSP Guar Gum
- 1 TSP Salt
- 4 OZ Cream Cheese
- ½ C Butter Soft
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 1 TBS Cinnanon
- ½ C Sugar for rolling
Cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugar together.
Add the egg and vanilla.
Mix in the dry ingredients until the dough comes together.
Allow the dough to chill for about 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Scoop the dough into small bowls and roll into additional sugar.
Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake the cookies for about 12-14 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden in color
Allow them to cool for at least ten minutes before removing them from the pan.
- Measure the flour with a kitchen scale to get the most consistent results. Cassava flour, in particular, can settle a lot.
- Make a tester cookie. Depending on how you measure, your flour might not measure right. When I don’t want to pull out my kitchen scale, I will bake off one cookie to see how it reacts. If it spreads more than I want it to, I’ll add a tablespoon more flour to get a slightly thicker cookie.
- Add more or less cinnamon to the roll the cookies into depending on your liking. You can even add ½ TSP to the batter for an extra cinnamon kick.
- If your snickerdoodle cookies are flatter, chill the dough longer.